If you are getting “The previewer requires a 64bit version of Java” when running the Xamarin Form Previewer, you need to download the 64bit version of the JDK not the JRE.
Once downloaded and installed, go to ToolsàOptionsàXamarin
Point the JDK to the 64bit version
Today after upgrading an aspnet core 1.0 to 1.1 I was getting HTTP Error 502.5 – Process Failure
In your project web.config:
- Enable stdoutLogEnabled (set it to true)
- Set full path for stdoutLogFile and make sure that the “logs” folder already exists
- Then hit F5
<aspNetCore processPath="%LAUNCHER_PATH%" arguments="%LAUNCHER_ARGS%" stdoutLogEnabled="true" stdoutLogFile="C:\logs\stdout" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false"/>
In my stdout file I got the following error:
The specified framework ‘Microsoft.NETCore.App’, version ‘1.1.0’ was not found.
– Check application dependencies and target a framework version installed at:
– The following versions are installed:
– Alternatively, install the framework version ‘1.1.0’.
I was under the impression that I had already installed version 1.1.0. But it seems that I installed 1.0.3 instead J It was 1:00 AM LOL
Here is the trick part. When you go to https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/core to download .NET Core, the default selected tab is LTS instead of Current
Select Current and download the latest version of .NET Core SDK