Today after upgrading an aspnet core 1.0 to 1.1 I was getting HTTP Error 502.5 – Process Failure
In your project web.config:
- Enable stdoutLogEnabled (set it to true)
- Set full path for stdoutLogFile and make sure that the “logs” folder already exists
- Then hit F5
<aspNetCore processPath="%LAUNCHER_PATH%" arguments="%LAUNCHER_ARGS%" stdoutLogEnabled="true" stdoutLogFile="C:\logs\stdout" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false"/>
In my stdout file I got the following error:
The specified framework ‘Microsoft.NETCore.App’, version ‘1.1.0’ was not found.
– Check application dependencies and target a framework version installed at:
– The following versions are installed:
– Alternatively, install the framework version ‘1.1.0’.
I was under the impression that I had already installed version 1.1.0. But it seems that I installed 1.0.3 instead J It was 1:00 AM LOL
Here is the trick part. When you go to https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/core to download .NET Core, the default selected tab is LTS instead of Current
Select Current and download the latest version of .NET Core SDK